Texas Lakes Trail Membership Program.
Our mission is the promotion and preservation the unique heritage, cultural, natural, and Texas leisure resources of the 31-county region. We work to create a positive economic impact for the region by positioning it as a heritage tourism destination. Statewide marketing of the region increases visitation to cultural and historic sites and as a result, more tourism dollars flow into Texas communities. Our members include: businesses, CVBs, Chambers of Commerce, museums, and non-profit organizations. As a member of the Texas Lakes Trail you will have access marketing opportunities, and participation in annual events.
View a list of our current partners.
BENEFITS OF THE PARTNER PARTICIPATION PROGRAM:
- Travel Brochure: Distributed to state visitor centers, area Chambers and CVBs, businesses and travelers.
- Marketing Partnerships: Partner with the Lakes Trail at the State Fair of Texas.
- Training Workshops: A series of presentations on the best practices, case studies, specific skills and networking with regional and state experts.
- Access to members database.
- Attraction/Community will be featured in our monthly newsletter at least once a year.
- Participation in website itineraries & theme pages.
- Basic listing on our website 1 paragraph of text and 1 photo.
- Use of logo on website and publications.
- Host a membership workshop.
- Website: A calendar of events, contact information, and pictures that promote the heritage and cultural resources within the region.
The program will provide discounts and other benefits to cities, non-profits, companies and individuals throughout the region.
YOUR PARTICIPATION WILL HELP TO:
- Promote Heritage Tourism Sites: The heritage tourism amenities of the region are promoted and tourism dollars are generated.
- Develop Heritage Tourism Amenities: As sites are identified or are created, the Texas Lakes Trail Region is active in the development of the asset.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM:
- Grassroots organization of the Texas Historical Commission’s Texas Heritage Trails Program.
- Liaison to the Texas Historical Commission.
- Travel and Leisure show participation opportunities: TTIA Travel Fair and the State Fair of Texas
- Co-op advertising opportunities.
- Presence on the Texas Lakes Trail website.
- Presence on Texas Lakes Trail Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Media/promotion list serve access.
- Free subscription to The Medallion, the Texas Historical Commission’s monthly magazine.
- Speakers Bureau.
- Use of the Texas Lakes Trail Region logo.
THE TEXAS LAKES TRAIL REGION IS AFFILIATED WITH THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS:
- Texas Travel Industry Association
- Preservation Texas
- Texas Downtown Association
- Red River Valley Tourism Association
- Great Western Trail Association
- International Chisholm Trail Association
- Texas Historical Commission
- Texas Association of Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Texas Golden Nugget Region
- Prehistoric Texas Trail
AUTHENTIC TEXAS MAGAZINE
As a Texas Lakes Trail member you will recieve a 15% discount when you adverstise in Authentic Texas Magazine online or in print.
- Individuals $25
- Chamber/CVB $275
- Cities $275
- Counties $275
- Small Businesses $75
- Large Businesses $275